Monday, April 23, 2007

An Actual Conversation with My Seven-Year-Old

Austin: Dad, why would anyone invent The Simpsons?

Me: I dunno. Why would anyone invent your favorite show, Scooby-Doo?

Austin: Scooby doesn't have people drinking beer, saying bad words, and dressing immodestly.

Me: Um... Ah... Oh.

In related news, Austin ripped up the cover off my latest Rolling Stone, which showed the two ladies from Grindhouse in nearly naked attire. (He did ask permission first, and I said OK.)

I suppose I should be glad that his mother's training is having a bigger effect on him than my example...

4 comments:

Alb said...

Yes, you should!!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe Austin would enjoy Southpark better...Dave the bro

Rusch said...

Well, we can only hope that he will keep this up. In seven years from now he might do a 180. But lets hope for the best.

Darvell Hunt said...

"Austin: Scooby doesn't have people drinking beer, saying bad words, and dressing immodestly."

Wow, profound. He really said this? What great insight. He must be a writer in embryo.

Darvell