Monday, August 17, 2009

How I Like My Steak, Etc.

What time did you get up this morning?
6:30 a.m. That's way too early; I'd much rather get up at 8:00 every day.

How do you like your steak?
Rare to medium-rare.

What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
District Nine. Quite intense and fascinating. I've been thinking about it a lot.

What is/are your favorite TV show(s)?
I don't watch any TV. Seriously.

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
New York City or Boston. I'd also like to do Hong Kong for 2-3 years. Or somewhere in Europe.

What did you have for breakfast?
Four chocolate chip cookies and a few bites of cottage cheese and peaches.

What is your favorite cuisine?
Asian. I know that's a little general, but I don't like to commit to only one.

What foods do you dislike?
Bananas, raisins, licorice, all breakfast cereals.

Favorite place to eat?
Bombay House.

Favorite dressing?
I swing pretty freely among ranch, blue cheese, and Italian. Not a big salad eater, frankly.

What kind of vehicle do you drive?
2002 Honda Civic.

What are your favorite clothes?
Shorts, T-shirt, flip-flops.

Where would you visit if you had the chance?
Japan, various places in Europe, and I'd like to take my whole family to Australia.

Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
Both at different times, but overall half empty a little more often than half full.

Where would you want to retire?
Hawaii, perhaps?

Favorite time of day?
Lunch.

Where were you born?
Newport, Rhode Island.

What is your favorite sport to watch?
None

Bird watcher?
Casually in passing, but not in any serious way.

Are you a morning person or a night person?
Night.

Pets?
Cat.

What did you want to be when you were little?
Don't remember, probably just general "businessman."

Are you a cat or dog person?
Cat. I don't dislike dogs and in some ways they're more rewarding than cats, but they're a lot higher maintenance.

Are you married?
Yes, permanently.

Always wear your seat belt?
Yes, I got in the habit during my mission to Australia, where it was mandatory long before here.

Been in a car accident?
Only a few minor ones.

Favorite pizza topping?
Pepperoni with green olives.

Favorite ice cream?
Coffee-Oreo when I can get it, otherwise usually mint chip.

Favorite fast food restaurant?
Apollo Burger.

How many times did you fail your driver's test?
I failed the driving portion once.

Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Wal-Mart or Sears, because of the variety of useful stuff I could get.

Like your job?
Very grateful for the paycheck and the comfy conditions.

Broccoli?
Yeah, I quite like it, but not raw. It makes me feel virtuous and healthy to eat it.

What was your favorite vacation?
China with my wife.

Last person you went out to dinner with?
I treated a group of former Sugar Beet writers to dinner at Bombay House.

What are you listening to right now?
Fan and air conditioner. For some reason I haven't turned on iTunes yet today.

What is your favorite color?
Cooler colors, like blue, green, purples. I don't commit to one.

How many tattoos do you have?
I think tattoos are generally not a good idea, although I wouldn't mind one small one in a hidden place, something ironically Mormon like an Angel Moroni or a CTR symbol. My only tattoos are some small permanent dots made during my radiation therapy for Hodgkin's disease in 1995.

Coffee drinker?
I usually have a cup of decaf most nights in the cooler months, but I get mad if my kids call it coffee. That's how freakin' Mormon I am.

No comments: