Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Why Clerking Is a Little Depressing

Every Sunday after my local LDS meetings, I sit in the clerk's office and enter donations on the computer. I usually go home with a weird feeling about myself because of the following two reasons:

1) Compared to lots of people, I don't make very much money and don't realistically see how I ever will

2) Compared to lots of people, I don't donate much to the church. I'm amazed at how much extra money many people give to fast offerings, humanitarian aid, Perpetual Education Fund, etc.

I know we're not supposed to compare, but I can't help it . . .

2 comments:

Map Maker said...

Have you ever read Rich Dad, Poor Dad? I recommend it.

Anonymous said...

Well said. Well thought out. While I am not from the Community of Christ / LDS tradition, I am a protestant who believes the condition is not inborn. Nice blog.