Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Jean Teasdale Is Finally Back!!!!!


My favorite Onion columnist hasn't written an article since last December, but suddenly she's back in action four months later, and not a moment too soon!

Here's the link to her newest column:

Fabulous Trash

I love Jean. She maintains such hope and optimism while letting such pathetic details about her white-trash life slip through. She's as well-developed a character as anything in Charles Dickens, or more so. In many ways, she's like a female version of Napoleon Dynamite . . .

I also absolutely love Jean's personal website (even the URL itself is hilarious, if you know anything about Jean):

A Room of Jean's Own

1 comment:

C. L. Hanson said...

I followed the onion's link to that site the other day too!!!

This is the quote that really made me laugh:

"For example, in my unedited versions, there are a lot more exclamation points. And what's wrong with that? I have a lot of enthusiasm for life, and my motto is: Go for the gusto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (See?)"

I have some difficulty showing restraint with the use of exclamation points myself. I'm not quite as bad as Jean, but I can relate. ;-)