Monday, May 22, 2006

Why I'm Buying a Copy of My Own Book

About once a week I check my Mormonism For Dummies listing at Amazon.com, and I just noticed a new feature that makes me willing to buy my own book. It's called Amazon Upgrade, and for an extra four bucks it gives me permanent online access to the book, with the ability to do the following:

• Add highlights, bookmarks, notes, or tags to any page or section of text

• Print pages, and even copy and paste text from the book

• Read your book from any Internet-connected computer, meaning your book is always with you

Right now, whenever I want to quote from my own book, I have to dig up the latest Word file, which may or may not reflect the last editorial changes. But with this I can copy right out of the final version of the book! This seems quite cool, and I wonder if I will want to upgrade future book purchases as well.

No comments: