Monday, February 25, 2008

I Married Well

Okay, so on Saturday I ate a lot of fatty junk. Chips, cheese, peanut butter, and to top it off my wife closed out the evening with chocolate chip cookies, of which I gobbled 4-5 and also ate another 4-5 cookies' worth of raw dough.

Needless to say, my tummy felt a little weird in the night. I wasn't actually very uncomfortable, but just enough so that I couldn't sleep. When I got up for some Tums and an Excedrin P.M. at 3:30, I told my wife I hadn't been able to sleep yet, and then I turned on my light and read for a while.

Next thing I know, I wake up and pull out the earplugs I sleep with every night. It's 10:00 a.m. and I can hear a kid's video playing very softly on our bedroom T.V. My runny-nosed two-year-old is lying down with his blanket and binky.

My sweet wifey had gotten all the kids ready for 9:00 a.m. church and kept things quiet enough that I could sleep in (true, it would never have worked if I didn't already wear earplugs).

Then, to top it off, when she called from church to check in, I expected that she would let me know that she was coming home after Sunday School and we would switch places for sacrament meeting, which is what we often do when one of us gets to stay home with a sick kid. But no, she let me just stay home for all three meetings. It was great!

I still had to count tithing and go home teaching that afternoon, but I was very grateful for the nice morning to recover my sleep. Thanks, honey!

No comments: