Monday, October 06, 2008

Yes, That Was Me on TV

Over a year ago, I was interviewed as part of a proposed documentary on Mormon myths, but I sort of forgot about it. Now they've finally put together the DVD, and they aired portions of it after general conference on Saturday, including a couple of clips of me.

One of my brief clips talks about the myth the Yoda was based on Spencer W. Kimball, and the other clip is about how Mormon myths get distorted over time like that party game where you whisper something around a circle of people.

Anyway, I had a few people tell me about it, so I found the 30-minute segment online at ksl.com and watched my good old milquetoast self (sorry, there's no easy URL; you have to search and root around). I didn't outright loathe myself, but it reminded me of why I don't like to be on camera. I've ordered the Mormon Myth-ellaneous DVD to see if I appear in it anywhere else.

No comments: