Monday, April 24, 2006

Some Dummies Feedback


I regularly visit Amazon.com to see if there are any new reviews of "Mormonism For Dummies" and what the sales rank is. The 10th review recently went up, and we're still maintaining a perfect bar of five gold stars, I'm proud to say (one guy went with 4.5 stars, but that wasn't enough to ruin our overall rating).

Here's what the latest guy said: "I am a Buddhist and my brother is an elder in the LDS Church. Mom was a Unitarian (let this be a warning to all Unitarian moms out there!) Anyway, I didn' t know a lot about Mormon beliefs, so I picked up this book and found it to be very, very informative. When my brother came to visit me, he was amazed at the informed questions I was able to ask, and his eyes really popped when I told him my source was a book called "Mormonism for Dummies!" It even explains about the special underwear!

"Speaking of underwear, this book doesn't get into any of the church's dirty laundry, but that's OK - the authors aren't pretending to be objective scholars, here. So, if you're like me and just want to understand what the church teaches, then this is the book for you. Now when those handsome young missionaries from BYU show up at your door, you'll be able to astonish them with more than your home-baked cookies!"

The only thing I disagree with is that I think we DO get into quite a bit of dirty laundry, but oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It must be a nice experience to go to Amazon.com and read such positive reviews on a book you wrote. I'll have to look at that book the next time I'm in Barnes and Noble.